My Fantastic Followers:)

Thursday, April 14, 2011

PAPERTOLE POSTAGE STAMP

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
My very first love of crafts was Papertoling and though the years I would papertole pretty much anything I could get my hands on...
I went from large prints and drawings that I would colour up and layer each piece carefully on top of one another, to really small and so the 3D Postage stamp was born.
And here it is....
It measures 1.5 in x 1 in (4cm x 2.5cm) and it's just a regular postage stamp.
Here's a few more angles for you to see how it sort of jumps off the page:)
I used 5 stamps to create this little stamped tole.
I used a gloss medium to protect the 3D birds from dust, also to give it a nice glossy sheen.
Anything can be made 3D, postcards, ordinary cards, stamped images, digi images and anything else that takes your fancy..
Papertole is a beautiful art and it's very rewarding, when your image suddenly comes alive!
Have a go!
Huggs  xxxx Lynn :)
Now I would like to enter this little stamp at some great challenge sites:
PAPERTAKE WEEKLY - truly dimensional
SPOONFUL OF SUGAR - all creatures great or small




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOA!!!

HOLY MOLY, This is sooo cool and intricite!!!

Way to go Lynn, that is fabulous!

paperpapier said...

wow...this is really beautiful...!! I love it.

Marcea said...

Beautiful dimension and such gorgeous details. Thankyou so much for joining us on PTW this week
-x-